Monday, November 21, 2011

Good-bye Sue!

I have been away from this for a while....my best friend, Sue, was living out her final days before escaping the grasp of cancer. Yesterday she made her final move. It wasn't without a lot of pain, and effort. She was amazing in dealing with this insidious disease... so strong, brave and positive. She slipped into unconsciousness about 5:00 on Saturday and took her final breath Sunday at 12:20... I take comfort in the realization that she is no longer suffering...and that she loved me because she wanted to and didn't have to. I fed her for the last time on Friday night. My voice was the last one she heard as we allowed her to let go. I know that her husband, Marv, will be OK because I promised her that I will make sure he is. I will be speaking at her service, and have written a few notes....that I will share only after they are spoken. I mourn her passing but celebrate her being. Sadly and fondly!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rick, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you and Sue's family. Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete