Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday at the fabric store

My best pal, Sue, and I spent the day at Heirloom Creations working on a new quilt. We took a class from the Layer 'em Up book. We are doing the cover quilt.  I chose black and whites and she of course picked rusts and greens for her son and daughter-in-law...I love her corduroy looking fabrics.

As I was picking fabrics I saw the new arrival of  Fresh Mixers fabrics from Jan Mullen from Stargazey Quilts....so, I bought a fat quarter of each. Love her wacky wonky approach to quilting.

We also met a couple of cool people in class, and we tried to see what class we all wanted to get together in next. I have a feeling HC is going to be a regular Saturday stop for us.
My evening should be full of stitching...I do have 2 quilts for my new great niece born last month, and the one due next month...the tops are done, i just need to sandwich them and start the quilting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment